<VV> Re: Communique & CORSA Membership

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt@aol.com
Fri Feb 4 00:27:49 EST 2005

In a message dated 2/3/05 4:24:20 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
corsa@corvair.org writes:

> Allow me to point out the obvious: the content of the Communique is
> directly proportional to those members who submit articles. If you want
> more tech articles, write them. If you want more photographs, take them. If
> you want articles on how to drive an autocross or compete in a rally, write
> it.

Hi everybody,
It looks like it's time to make another suggestion for the "millionth" time
again.

There are many, let's say, at least 10 CORSA members who are quite talented.
Not to exclude anybody else, but let me explain. These talented people are
first, retired. Next, very familiar with Corvars and most aspects of Corvairs
including technical and performance, plus racing or driving knowledge. Also these
people are fairly well off, so that they are healthy and free to spend time
on what they want. Lastly these people can write. Yes they are experienced in
the English art of expressing one's self.

Ok, you get the picture. I could mention names, but you already know many of
these people already.

Now look at the other side of the story. There are many, let's say more than
10, important Corvair projects going on around the countries and world.
Experimental projects, restoration projects, racing projects, engine projects,
flying projects, development projects. Much technical stuff. Many people are
working on exciting stuff. I won't waste time listing these, but you already can
name several yourselves, I'll bet.

SO, WHY DON'T WE ASK SOME OF THE PEOPLE IN THE FIRST GROUP TO GO TO WHERE THE
SECOND GROUP IS DOING THEIR "THING" AND HAVE THEM DOCUMENT WHAT'S HAPPENING?
That is, have these talented people write up the stories of what the second
group are doing. And then publish these articles in the Communique.

All it would take is someone to coordinate this activity and twist a few
arms.

What do you think?

Regards,
Bob Helt