<VV> Re: Smitty

Mark Chapman chapmanmd@charter.net
Fri Feb 4 14:20:00 EST 2005

SNIP---

One small thing that could help the budget.  This is the age of communication.  I can sit right here and talk to 500 people.  There are conference calls, instant email and CCemail for communication.  The idea of paying for board members a flight and hotel rooms just so they can sit down face to face is a misuse of funds to me.

UNSNIP--

This is one of the first things that has actually made sense to me.

Not that ANYONE else on here cares, but I moderate two ATV Racing forums: One has 12,155 subscribers and the other has 11,107 subscribers. Why do I tell you this? Because I can. This is the age of electronic communication, virtual polling, virtual shopping, and virtual vairs.

I am a CORSA member, albeit somewhat reluctantly at the moment. I own a Corvair. I am not active in my local Corvair club. Am I unusual here? I dont think so. Do I think that CORSA does anything for ME? No, but I do think that it benefits our marque as a whole and the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few (Thanks, Spock).

The Communique has faults. So what. We all have faults. We're here because we want to be. There is no one with a gun to any of our collective heads telling us that we have to love Corvairs. That is why we're here, RIGHT?

I've been virtually beat up by some of the best on this forum. Do I give up and say that this is pointless? No. I have a lot to learn and this, to me, is the best way to educate myself.

I really don't much care if people don't like what I have to say. I really don't like what some of you have to say either.

My point for this rant is this:  If you don't like it that much and it makes you miserable, then quit. If you're just here to bitch and not be part of the solution, please take it somewhere else. If, on the other hand, you have valid complaints and are willing to share potential resolutions, then I say God Bless You; you are someone that I want to virtually listen to.

Just my $.02 worth. Your mileage may vairy.

Mark Chapman