<VV> CORSA Membership

Dave Keillor dkeillor@ultrex.com
Fri Feb 4 14:17:18 EST 2005

I belong to Corsa and NNN (National Nostalgic Nova) for one main reason --
the events they sponsor.  I'm not much of a club person.  I have attended a
couple of Corvair Minnesota meetings, but decided the drive to the Twin
Cities wasn't worth the effort for the value received.  I get enough of the
social aspects of car clubs in my local circle of car-nut friends.

Although I haven't attended a Corsa convention in a long time due to time
constraints, I do plan to attend the Iowa mini and the Nova Nationals (both
in Cedar Rapids this year).  I may also do the Nova tour which is a really
neat concept.  Has anyone thought about taking their performance-enhance
Corvair on the Hot Rod Power Tour?

On a side note, the first car show I ever attended with my Corvair was a
Back-to-the-Sixties show sponsored by MSMA (Minnesota Street Machines
Association) where I not only won a first in class trophy, but also a
judge's-choice excellence award.  Who says Corvairs can't compete on an open
playing field?  Btw, I never have and probably never will enter my car in a
Corsa concours -- I simply don't want to go to that level of preparation on
a car that I drive regularly.

Dave Keillor

-----Original Message-----
From: bob mccrum [mailto:bmccrum@comcast.net]
Sent: Thursday, February 03, 2005 7:37 PM
To: Dave Keillor; virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: Re: <VV> CORSA Membership

Was going to keep quiet on the CORSA membership debate, but just have to put
my .02 in. I'm not a member and have no real reason to join, IMHO.
reason(s)? 1) background-had a 62 spyder in 64 and 65, bought another in
2004. 2) joined local club(Covair Minnesota) in 2004 3) my sked and theirs
simply never coincide-the one time it did-a drive in meeting, was a
misprint. 4)however, their newsletter is timely-has good
info/classifieds/parts  5 their dues are 15.00/yr--much better value than
CORSA.  Am I cheap? yes, probably-but I belong to Minnesota Street Rod
Association, Goodguys Rod Association that I also pay dues to. What I really
look for is value.  CORSA is 35.00/yr-that's far more than either MSRA or
Goodguys and their monthly stuff is really slick and informative. For tech
help, I really believe I've never seen anything as good as, or as quick as
Virtual vairs--you guys are awesome.  I possess a copy of the most popular
books, the shop manuals, a CD and of course the catalogs of Corvair
Underground and Clarks.  Now, in all reality, I can see no, repeat no,
rational reason to join CORSA.  I perceive better value in about any other
direction than CORSA.  Not a slam at either the organization or its
leadership, but a sincere explanation of not much value for the money.
thanks for the bandwidth, bob mc