<VV> Corvair and the gals

NicolCS at aol.com NicolCS@aol.com
Sun Feb 6 04:55:34 EST 2005

Mark Noakes said: <snip>
My brother said that, whenever he stopped with the Lakewood, that women  just
fell all over it as if it were a movie star or a cute baby...definitely a
car that women liked <unsnip>

About 20 years ago, my wife and I took our '62 Twilight Turquoise 4-spd
Monza wagon to the Monterey Historic auto races to watch the featured Ferraris  at
the track and enjoy the Pebble Beach concours.  As Ferraris were  the
featured cars that year, there were hundreds and hundreds of  them running all over
town.  Jan and I drove into the parking  lot at a local eatery to discover
about 3 dozen lovely old Ferraris; their  owners already in the parking lot,
milling about.  Imagine our surprise  when virtually everyone in the parking lot
crowded around the Monza wagon and  began peppering us with questions and
accolades!  That was a moment to  remember.
Craig Nicol

P.S. Paul Pederson purchased the car from me and took it to Seniors level  in
CORSA concours and added K-H wire wheels.  Eric Eberhard (frequent VV
poster) now owns the car.