<VV> Newbies who've never driven a Vair

UltraMonzaWest at aol.com UltraMonzaWest@aol.com
Tue Feb 8 03:29:20 EST 2005

In a message dated 2/7/2005 6:30:13 PM Pacific Standard Time, Tareece@aol.com
writes:

> OK...I am seeing a pattern here.....
>   Several Newbies have joined CORSA and have bought parts...but have never
> driven a Corvair...This strikes me as odd and unusual...
>   One of the acknowledged traits of Corvairs is that they DRIVE differently
> than other auto's. I'm just wondering about what if the member doesn't like
> the characteristics of the Vair?
>   How many members joined before owning a Vair...And how many b4 actually
> driving it?
>   This (along with the age thread) makes for great demographic
> information...I hope someone is keeping track....
>   More power to y'all, and I hope your dream Vair is worth the wait.

*******************************

I drove many Vairs in highschool..as well as Porsche 356/911/912...and smiled
as they were sold...while working at Stanley's AutoMart in San Diego. My 1st
Vair, a 62  rustbucket was a donor for a 5 pass. tandem seating 3 wheeler....

I loved HP.....nothing under 250hp  was fun.....then the Gas crunch of
'73.......scored a Peugot 403..then a Renault Dauphine Gordini.....finally a 65
monza. Kept my 63 Vette for 12 more years....but the stable grew...see my
webpages...  http://members.aol.com/patiomatt

The other thing that makes me wonder.......selling cars that don't run....I
buy them that way..but have NEVER sold a car that didn't run /drive...and  have
never rebuilt an engine...just FIX.....

That way I always have plenty of selection to drive....  3 right now..plus a
Vair Boat  and sandcar...

Matt Nall / Patiomatt / WCUH / Chairman V V