<VV> RE: AGE

Dan & Synde dsjkling@sbcglobal.net
Tue Feb 8 04:35:23 EST 2005

Just turned 39.

Member of Corsa since about 1990.

My 61 Greenbrier is the first Corvair I ever owned.  In 1987 my friend's Dad
said if I towed it away I could have it so I did just that.  Sat on a sofa
cushion, perched on top of  the wheel well while a brother towed me home
with a tow strap, thank God it doesn't have a swing pedal for the brake.
Finished restoration in 1991.

Bought a 63 Spyder in 1990 and restored it over the last 14 years, never
driven it because I still need to finish the engine.

Bought a 62 Monza Sedan in 1989 as a daily driver, sold to brother in 1992.
He decided to restore it, tore it all apart and never put it back together.
Only thing wrong with it at the time was a dropped valve seat due to thermal
shock.  He decided he'd clean the carbon out by pouring water down the
carbs.  Unfortunately he did this after a long climb up a 6 percent grade.

Dan Kling

1961 Greenbrier Deluxe, 4spd, 3.89  On the Road Again,  yeehaw :)
1963 Spyder, restored   4spd Saginaw