<VV> CCs for 9.25:1

Mikeamauro at aol.com Mikeamauro@aol.com
Tue Feb 8 23:44:18 EST 2005

I'm having a set of heads welded and machined to have a quench area thickness
of .032 (the thickness of a stock head gasket). I'll be using stock base
gaskets, which should result in little or no deck clearance. The pistons are flat
top, .040 overbore.  The combustion area I'm measuring--to start with--is from
the gasket sealing surface inward towards the head (in other words, just the
area within the heads). Can anyone tell me the CC requirement of the (head
portion of the) combustion chamber to (eventually, with a .032 head gasket)
arrive at a compression ratio of 9.25:1?
Thanks in advance for any help offered,
Mike Mauro