<VV> Trying to get my bearings....

Songs by Steve Songsbysteve@tampabay.rr.com
Wed Feb 9 02:16:40 EST 2005

Hi, groupies,

Well, the other day, I was driving my '62, and I heard what sounded like
just may have, possibly, could have been. the beginning of some bearing
noise coming from the LR wheel.  So, I'm trying to get my bearings on the
situation. really!   I've seen a few bearings on Ebay. mostly NOS of the
"riveted type".  I've also read in Clark's that Riveted NOS bearings should
be re-greased. does this mean they have to be dissassembled?.

Any recommendations on bearings?  Does anyone have any available?  I've seen
the ones at Clark's. $250-$300 per bearing for new ones.  I also realize
that they're out there occasionally on Ebay.  I'm sure  that some of youze
in the VV community have something to say or recommend on this topic, or
maybe, a set of bearings that you know you will never need!

Thanks to all.

Stevie G.

St. Petersburg, FL

Home to the "No more Vairs for me."  still growing. Ed Bittman "House of
Corvair Curiousities".

Songs by Steve

-Personalized Songs

-Messages on Hold