<VV> Another Calendar Idea - a 60's Retro Calendar

Russ Moorhouse corvair65@verizon.net
Sat Feb 12 02:14:28 EST 2005

May be this has been done in the past, since I'm a recent new comer to
Corvairs, I wouldn't know if it has or not.

I think pictures of Corvairs taken in '60s period surroundings would make a
great looking calendar.  Pictures of a couple of Corvairs getting gas at an
old 60's style service station, or a few sitting at a drive-in movie at
sunset with a movie on the screen.  How about a few gathered at a drive-in
restaurant with car hops waiting on them.  Other places could be an old
diner, or a train station with the wife waiting in her Lakewood for her
husband to come in on the train.  How about and old dealership garage with a
new 1960 Corvair sitting in the show room window.

I know that these types of places still exist through out the US, mostly in
small towns.  Even my old hometown still has 2 drive-ins and old style
service stations. Local clubs could scout out their area for these settings
and take these photos using their members cars, and then submit their photos
to a committee to judge the best to be used in the calendar.  You may end up
with enough photos to do a couple of years of calendars.

Russ Moorhouse
'65 Corsa coupe 140 HP
Group Corvair Member
Corsa Member