<VV> Rear wheel bearing greasing options / observations

goofyroo at excite.com goofyroo@excite.com
Thu Feb 17 17:37:49 EST 2005

I haven't seen the article.  With the panoply of things that can go wrong with this procedure, I'm wondering whether the article was written in a purely positive fashion (do this, then this) or if it included negative instructions, too (don't do this or that along the way).

For economy of space, most manuals are written positively.  This works as long as the readers have similar skill-sets and equipment, and know not to improvise.

The Tech Guides strike me as the sort of book that ought to be written with negative instructions included, seeing as how it's a collaborative, from-the-ground-up project and intended for people who tend to make things up as they go.  Corvair owner-repairmen strike me as (mostly) backyarders along with some pros with a variety of tools and knowledge at our disposal.

Michael Smith (technical writer by trade)
Dallas