<VV> okay then...a little more detail.

Ryan Verthein chevyd51 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 22 10:54:47 EST 2005

My band broke up because my drummer was having
problems with drinking and drugs, and we didn't get a
long at all.  I left the Twin Cities because I didn't
like being there...and it IS my decision in the long
run.  The job I had been working at a machine shop for
4 months ended because I had finished that contract's
parts.  (Rings that go inside the shots in tanks...)

I'm not going to join the military.  The military
isn't doing anything right now that i want to be a
part of, and I don't see myself getting yelled at 24/7
just to learn something I could learn without that.  I
have enough discipline on my own.  I probably wouldn't
pass any of the physicals anyway.(two large hernia
surgeries in my not-so-distant past, and some other
things as well)

I DO have a job right now that I just got...so I can
make myself some money, finish the Corvair...and do
some thinking in the process.  I got an off-list reply
that had suggested getting ahold of some of the vair
mechanics...the places with a lot of work, and asking
them if they needed anyone else around.  Wouldn't be a
bad idea.

As far as school ever went, I never did my
homework...I came home and strapped my guitar on.  it
wasn't any kind of a failure for my parents either...I
just never really did it.  I was buddies with all of
the teachers, and spent much of my time in Choir and
band...trying to get out of the rest of my classes
when I could to do something I really enjoyed(making
music)  I KNEW that if I was going to quit school,
that I would have to get my GED-that was all part of
the plan of me leaving.  I was held back in 8th grade
for pretty much not doing anything....it was at that
point that most of my teachers were completely
disappointed in me, and me in myself.  I made it
through that time, and went into Freshmen year and did
that okay...moved to a new school last year( actually,
I had been in school A til 5th, left to B til 9th, and
went back to A again for 10th.)  and did alright.  I
couldn't take that i was almost 18 years old and just
then going into my junior year in high school and it
was time for me to do something.

It's hard to really show anyone how school was for me,
and I'm not trying for any pity here-trust me...I was
just part of this BS for so long and needed to get
out.  Plus I've been so dedicated to playing music for
so long that we just figured I would leave for school
and become some famous person in the music
industry(don't take me for a stooge there either, I
know it requires work-but I'm not going into that
cause I know you all know it's not easy.)

So anyway, school was crap, I got out, Got my GED,
bounced around til now, and now I'm trying to get
myself going on the trail I really want to follow.
It's not easy for me, being into so many things.  I
want to be pulled in soo many directions.

As well as all of this, I love the old styles of
photography(having to KNOW what F-stops
are...developing some film...) I'm a licensed amateur
radio operator, I play MANY different instruments, as
well as singing....and I have my love for cars.

so there ya go...hope that cleared something up.

Ryan

=====
And If I run away, would you bring me back to cloud 9?  S.O.C.