<VV> okay then...a little more detail - no vair

Mike Stillwell yenko117 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 22 11:22:54 EST 2005

--- Ryan Verthein <chevyd51 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> It's hard to really show anyone how school was for
> me, and I'm not trying for any pity here-trust
me...I
> was just part of this BS for so long and needed to
get out.
> Ryan

 Ryan, Being not as old as some of the guys here, and
maybe young enough to remember ( I still have 2 Strats
with rail humbuckers and locking bridges - sound more
like Les Pauls), let me offer my $.02.
 School isn't about what you learn in a book, it's
about showing that you can put up with all the BS to
get that scrap of papaer.
 What did I learn in College? I learned that Bill
Elliott is a good friend and knows just about
something about anything with 4 wheels (or less!). I
learned how not to run old car based restoration
business (it's simple - sit back and do nothing!). But
most importantly, I learned that to graduate from
college, you need feed back to the professors, the
same garbage they fed you. You won't learn much about
facts and figures, but you learn how people operate
and how to satisfy them, when they want something from
you.
 It's a pain, but it's worth it. Besides, you'll never
get summers off again, until you're 65 or better!
..unless you want to be a teacher.

 Mike
 YS-117