<VV> Was "New Thread", now Camaro Taillights

LonzoVair at aol.com LonzoVair at aol.com
Mon Feb 28 14:36:24 EST 2005

Hey guys and gals,
I also had a 66 Monza sedan that had been put together by Don Filkins (of
Cincinnati) that had 67 Camaro taillights installed... along with the Camaro
style deck lid spoiler, and a black vinyl roof with sunroof. It was painted black
and silver, actually quite sharp. I got it from one of the guys who bought it
from Don many years after her did the customizing... it also had a/c, tinted
windows, and a Fitch grab bar that I later sold on eBay. That last item later
ended up in Robert Landers Fitch Sprint (and I haven't forgotten about the
other mount, I know where it is, just can't get to it right now)....
The cool thing was it looked like a 4 door Camaro, and the only Chevy emblem
was on the trunk cylinder door...no Corvair or Monza emblems anywhere... I had
several people stop me back in the early 1990s and when asked I would always
tell them it was a prototype Camaro sedan...
Those were the days....
It got wiped out by a 4x4 on an icy expressway in 1996... nearly the same
area that the original damage had been done, so I ended parting it out....
It sure was fun while it lasted...
For those of you who might have one laying around, my lovely wife Cheryl
wrote a poem shortly after I bought that car... it eventually ended up inside the
Communique, either September 1995 or 1996 (the one with the Testudo on the
cover)... and that was after it was seen in a newsletter from out west...
Just thought I share... sorry, I don't have any pictures of the car.... that
I know of...
Later,
Lonzo

Lon Anderson in White Mills, KY
CORSA, Corvanatics, Central Kentucky Corvair, Derby City Corvair
Quart Low Quarterly editor
1961 Greenbrier pg, daily driver
1963 Greenbrier 4spd.
1964 700 sedan 95/pg