<VV> Corsa.org web page overhaul

Dan Greve dolfan_77@yahoo.com
Wed, 5 Jan 2005 05:19:58 -0800 (PST)

Hey ya'll,

In the latest issue of the communique, there was a
piece about discussing the improvements that could be
made to the Corsa web site. Has there been a thread
already in the mailing list? In case there hasn't...

I agree that it needs a serious overhaul.  The item I
immediately see is to upgrade the mailing list.  There
are much better tools out there, one of my favs is
Mailman. (http://www.gnu.org/software/mailman/).  It's
simple, yet keeps a web archive of all the messages
and the threads they belong too. Sortable,
organizable, etc.  An example of a start page is at
http://remotesensing.org/mailman/listinfo/gdal-dev/
and an example of an index is at
http://xserve.flids.com/pipermail/gdal-dev/

Another options is a mailing board.  This is a more
drastic change, but it provides more options.  You can
subscribe to just certain categories and would only
receive messages from that categorie (interior,
engine, buy/sell).  Here's an example of a message
board. http://www.planeshift3d.com/wbboard/main.php

I've been doing some work to organize the Corsa
archive which could have past messages inserted into
something like the former (Mailman).  Not as organized
as the message board, but it's better than the current
ftp site and would take much less work.  Someone would
have to sort through and categorize the thousands of
past individual messages if you wanted to put them
into a message board.

Anyway, I'll keep this short.  I have plenty of
web/programming experience and would be happy to help
layout/maintain such a list and/or message board.

Opinons / comments???

-- Dan Greve
-- Palm Bay, FL
-- 321-480-2498