<VV> PF4's--Market Price

Hank Kaczmarek kaczmarek@charter.net
Sun, 9 Jan 2005 16:15:37 -0500

All

Now that the PF-4, in its Blue Paint and AC Delco Box and logo is a "dead
soldier",  one can only muse what prices they may bring in the  future.

As for myself, I am content to use the Wix filter without it's blue cladding
and GM logos.  Same thing, and fortunately for us, still being made by Wix. So
my advice to all in Corvairdom is to continue to buy them, or we will all soon
be in a spin on adapter mode!!!

But, I digress.  In a reply to a poster looking for some yesterday, I told him
I bought all the PF4's available in the AC Delco system in a 4 state area when
GM discontinued them last year.  Perhaps I should have told him I really
wasn't interested in selling any of them....

But I did offer him a ridiculous price if he felt strongly that he HAD to have
them.

This Filter used to retail at Western Auto in 1999 for 6.99

Last year I believe that they were still available from vendors for around
10-12 dollars.   Since I really didn't want to part with mine, I told the
poster I would sell 10 of them for 30 dollars each, plus shipping.

I have heard that some have already been offered for sale at over 15 bucks
each.  So my offer was ridiculous, but not ALL that ridiculous.

I recently bought a dozen Shell S-12 Corvair Filters on Ebay, and also bought
a couple of Atlas filters that were offered.

If anyone is collecting different offerings of the PF-4 and is interested in a
Shell S-12 or an Atlas, I will sell one to a collector for what I paid for
them---NOT 30.00 each.

Would like to know what folks are paying for PF-4's these days, just for my
own information.

HANK