<VV> Air Filter Tests (no direct Corvair)

corvairs lonwall@corvairunderground.com
Fri, 14 Jan 2005 11:57:27 -0800

Well, the arguments used by some aftermarket air filter companies have
never made  any sense. Increased air flow is only an issue if, for some
unexplainable reason, the factory intentionally over-restricted the
airflow with thier filter design. Don't think so. Increasing air flow
(besides increasing contaminate flow) does nothing but lean up the
mixture unless you have a corresponding change in the fuel
supply........Bottom line - as I've said many times - if you could get a
noticible increase in hp just by using filter brand X then why didn't
the factory use them?  A 10% increase in advertised hp by just using
brand x air filter? WOW! Lon

www.corvairunderground.com