<VV> Early Dash Harness Sources

Duane, Jim Jim.Duane@it.BAESystems.com
Tue, 18 Jan 2005 11:24:43 -0500

Hi Michael.

	At $300 bucks, an approach might be to replicate one yourself.
A word of caution on using an old harness.  Insulation can get brittle
and crack (happens at age 41 to the best of us!), causing the
possibility of shorting in the future.  If the wire is "supple" enough,
then at the very least, re-terminate with unused, clean contacts.  The
contacts can take a "set" after being in use for a number of years
causing a resistive connection.
	The pins and connectors are available.  You may have to search
for wire with the correct color coding, but that's really not necessary
as long as you match the wire size and correctly mark them.

Jim Duane
'66 180 Corsa CVT
Colonial Corvairs
CORSA

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org] On Behalf Of
UltraMonzaWest@aol.com
Sent: Tuesday, January 18, 2005 10:59 AM
To: virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: Re: <VV> Early Dash Harness Sources

In a message dated 1/18/2005 6:54:27 AM Pacific Standard Time,
goofyroo@excite.com writes:

> I looked at dash harnesses a couple of years ago, and it seemed as
> though they were widely available.
> Now it doesn't appear that Larry's has them anymore, and the price at
> one other vendor staggered me.
> Any suggestions on where to look now?  I just can't bring myself to
> plunk down more than $300 for one.
>
> Michael Smith
> Dallas

******
If ALL  the other sources are still too high...

Give Southwest Corvair Salvage  or California Corvairs a shot...

Out west  at 41...we're in our PRIME.......not over the hill, like
things east of the Mississippi!  ggg

Matt Nall / Patiomatt / WCUH / Chairman V V