<VV> tolls/parking in London--what about NYC?

Alan and Clare Wesson alan.wesson@atlas.co.uk
Tue, 18 Jan 2005 16:49:38 -0000

> And as for parking in the Big Apple, the $40 a day that Alan
> quoted for London would be considered a bargain in some
> parts of Manhattan!

Yes, this is true. The first car I bought in the USA was a 1951 Chev that I
bought in Brooklyn, and the owner drove it to a valet parking lot on
Broadway and 53rd for me, and then I went to get the insurance and plates.

Unfortunately, I had problems with the insurance ('we don't insure
foreigners'), and so I couldn't get the plates, and the car had to sit there
for 5 days until it was sorted. At $48 a day.

And that was in 1988. Ouch!

Cheers

Alan