<VV> Gas in oil

NicolCS@aol.com NicolCS@aol.com
Mon, 24 Jan 2005 20:09:14 EST

You didn't mention your climate, but I had this happen once when I drove
from LA to the mountains to go skiing. The carb inlet had iced over.  In
addition to running super rich and having low power, the crankcase filled with
gasoline.  When I took off the air cleaner to see if the float had sunk  (another
high probability for you), I was stunned to see the top of the carb  filled
level with what looked like a snowball!  I cleared out the "snow",  removed the
recirc plate, and changed the oil and all was well. (This was on a  '63 GB with
a 140/4)
Craig Nicol