<VV> Money Recovered on Ebay Rip Off

J R Read_HML hmlinc@sbcglobal.net
Wed, 26 Jan 2005 12:16:20 -0600

By local police - I meant local to the (alleged) offending party.  If they
won't take a phone report, I suspect they could mail (or FAX) you the paper
work to complete and return to them.

Later, JR
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: John Sconiers
  To: RKAT
  Cc: 'J R Read_HML' ; virtualvairs@corvair.org
  Sent: Wednesday, January 26, 2005 11:37 AM
  Subject: Re: <VV> Money Recovered on Ebay Rip Off

  What you are forgetting is that the police report would have to be filed in
ME in order for the police to get involved at all.  Been there done that.  If
your not willing to do that your only hope would be to contact a a federal
(the name escapes me) agency and hope they take the case (mail fraud /
interstate?).  I was told they only took cases where some one was flagged
three times or more.  I ended up getting my money back but it was only because
pay pal gave it back to me.   Some computer crime is hard to prosecute as well
because of the "he said / she said" factor.

  JOHN

  RKAT wrote:
I was told this by a perilegal (my cousin), only issue I have that I was
told is that I have already collected money through Ebay. She mentioned
filing small claims court, he'd never fly from WI to ME to show up. It
would cost him more to fly/drive here than to refund my $$. And than
call local police after a warrant has been issued. I wish I would have
contacted her before hand.....

Ron Tinkham
http://www.ronsjeepjunk.4t.com/
Pine Tree Corvairs (in the works)