<VV> Reply to recent wiring harness prices post

John Kepler bigjohnohio@worldnet.att.net
Fri, 28 Jan 2005 14:43:21 -0500

Consequently, I choose to hold my money as long as possible, if necessary
until someone starts selling these harnesses to our vendors at a lower
wholesale price to begin with.

> Michael Smith
> Dallas
> ~ with a binder full of receipts from Lon, Larry, and Clark ~

Can I make a suggestion without getting anyone's nose outta joint?  Take a
ride to your nearest electrical supply house and check the current price on
a spool of 16 ga. flexible copper wire (copper and consequently wire prices
have more than quadrupled in the last 2 years!).  Then call Mr. Goodwrench
and check the current price on a dash harness for say 1998 S-10 Pick-Up!
After those inquiries.....$300 for a limited production harness for a 35
year old car won't seem NEARLY so out-of-line....if fact, they'll look like
a pretty good bargain!

John