<VV> Calibrate Fuel Level Sender

JRVIDRINE@aol.com JRVIDRINE@aol.com
Fri, 28 Jan 2005 19:18:55 EST

Joe,

As a person who bought and owned a brand new 1963 Corvair, I can tell you
that the gas gauge on my car was inaccurate from the day it was bought.  When you
got to empty it was lying and I soon found that I could go a little farther
on empty.  You had some more miles you could travel when it hit E.  I had a bad
habit as a young soldier (E-3) usually short on cash, of running on E a lot.
I finally ran out of gas at a very disadvantageous place and from that time
on made it a practice to gas up when it got down to 1/4 tank.  Something that I
still practice with my vehicles except I usually gas up between 1/4 and 1/2
tank.  This is anecdotal of course and doesn't mean that all new Corvair's
gauges were off.

Randy Vidrine
62 Monza Coupe
Branch, LA