<VV> Input Shaft Bushing (4 Speed Conversion)

N. Joseph Potts pottsf@msn.com
Mon, 31 Jan 2005 09:09:15 -0500

This is called the clutch bushing, or some such (input-shaft seal is
elsewhere, but on the same shaft). Keep buying these bushings from different
vendors until you get one that isn't attracted to a magnet. Then use that
one.
     Underground should be MOST interested to learn that they sent you an
iron/steel one. Be sure to inform them. If you get any more steel ones from
other vendors, report these to the list. We all want to know.

Joe Potts
Miami, Florida USA
1966 Corsa coupe 140hp 4-speed with A/C

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org]On Behalf Of Greenbrier Goon
Sent: Sunday, January 30, 2005 11:57 PM
To: corvanatics@corvair.org; corvair list
Subject: <VV> Input Shaft Bushing (4 Speed Conversion)

I finally found the time this weekend to re-assemble
the clutch components for my ongoing FC 4 speed
conversion troubleshooting and ran into a problem
right away.

The Underground had sent me an input shaft bushing
that is made out of something other than the bronze
material of a stock bushing.

I found out when I discovered that a magnet sticks to
it.

Isn't this the type of bushing that everyone says to
avoid?

I have had this thing apart 3 times.  I don't want to
pull it apart again!

Charles

=====
Greenbrier World: