<VV> Indented Head Sealing Step

Roger Gault r.gault at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jul 3 15:58:58 EDT 2005

I don't know what heads Ron is running, but if they're 140s, I would not
recommend two gaskets.  In my experience, increasing the chamber volume that
way on the 140 will result in increased tendancy to knock, not decreased.
The squish area is already too thick on that head, increasing it is the
wrong thing to do.  The crushed gasket surface is actually an improvement.
Better to cut the step away completely.  Since Ron only has one head off,
that's probably not a good plan.

I'm currently running a .040 over 140 with the steps removed, flat pistons,
and stock gaskets in Texas heat (lower shrouds removed in summer).  I have
no knocking unless I lug it bad on an uphill start.

Roger