<VV> Clutch Adjustment

Larry Forman Larry at forman.net
Sun Jul 3 22:04:04 EDT 2005

At 04:12 PM 7/3/2005 -0400, John Green wrote:
>I have two questions concerning clutch adjustment on our 1965 Monza.
>
>1. I cannot seem to shorten the clutch cable sufficiently to make a space
>between the transmission cross member and the lever. Could my clutch cable
>have stretched?
>
>2. The clutch cable is actually a rod for most of its length. Is this correct?
>
>John Green
>1965 Monza convertible 110/4

Hi John,
It could be a number of things including:
1. Did you replace the clutch plate and now things are different?  Perhaps
a clutch plate thickness difference?
2. The 65 clutch cable is notorious for breaking up front at the ball
connected to the clutch lever by the gas pedal.  See if some of the strands
are broken and the cable has stretched just prior to breaking.
3. Sometimes the welds break at the clutch lever mechanism connecting to
the clutch release rod and clutch cable.

-- Larry