<VV> GM "engineer" syn oil comments

henry kaczmarek kaczmarek at charter.net
Mon Jul 4 00:12:17 EDT 2005

I wouldn't say it's a cult.  Amsoil is pretty good stuff.  I used the Syn
gear oil in the EUM transaxle. I wouldn't bother to pay what the oil costs
for a Corvair though. Castrol 30HD is just fine.

 And I believe Bob Helt is correct, you can only buy Amsoil from a dealer.
Most of the dealers keep no inventory in their homes, they just process
orders for you and the stuff is shipped from the company.

The Dealer system does kind of remind me of a cult, like Amway.  (I don't
want no grief from Amway people, I tried it in the 90's, and it IS a cult).
But at least you can just order as a preferred customer, and they won't
drive you batty asking you to be a dealer.

2 of the techs at the Ford Store where I used to work race on local dirt
tracks in our area. Their regular vehicles and tow vehicles use dino oil,
but they used Amsoil in the race cars.

As for Slick 50 being a cult---must be a small one. All I have read in the
last few years on Slick 50 leads me to believe it was one of the biggest
marketing scams of the last 20 years in the automotive supply business. And
I am only talking about the oil treatment. Their fuel system treatment is
one of the best out there. And it is by no means the most expensive.

Hank