<VV> GM "engineer" syn oil comments

John Kepler jekepler at amplex.net
Mon Jul 4 09:28:23 EDT 2005

Bob
> is right that Amsoil used/uses a "dealer" distribution approach

Back when Amsoil first surfaced, it was sold via a multi-level marketing
deal a`la Amway!  I believe it's this multi-level marketing heritage that
leads to the "cult" aspects of those that consider it God's Gift to
humanity!  FWIW, It's stocked at a number of stores in our area (northwest
Ohio), including most FLAPS.

Regarding the oil versus the hype.  One is reminded of what Soviet Cosmonaut
Alexi Leonov wryly said in answer to a very vulgar question asked by a
Western reporter prior to the launch of the Apollo-Soyuz Mission regarding
sex in space (something that Leonov was long rumored to have experienced on
orders from Moscow early in the Soviet space program), "Both the advantages
and the difficulties have been greatly exaggerated!"

John