<VV> Corvair Roads (to the tune of country roads)

Rick & Janet Norris rickjanet at charter.net
Mon Jul 4 09:41:17 EDT 2005

We (the little Red Head and I) have had a great week end. The weather has been hot and dry in our neck of the woods and car related activities connected to the Holiday celebrations abound.
Yesterday, just for something different we drove up to a small town called Fayetteville WV to check out a new event called the New River Gorge Festival and car show. The area is widely known because of the great whitewater rafting on the New and Gauley rivers, both of which I've rafted several times some years ago.
It is a nice drive east on Route 60 out of Charleston WV. I have driven it many times and rode my motorcycle up there also. It had been several years since I'd made the trip until yesterday and I had forgotten what a great Corvair road the Gauley Mountain section is. Talk about your tight turn mountain road! As my mother used to say, The corners were so tight you could see your own tail lights!
( No comments about the origin of my whacked sense of humor!)
On the trip back I was hounding a guy in a new Chevy Monte Carlo. He was obviously trying to get away from the pesky little green convertible stuck to his rear bumper. Even with a stock suspension, agricultural stance and new soft squirmy tires I didn't have any trouble hanging with him. At that moment I kinda wished I had the V8 Vair, but it was a hoot anyway.
Hope all you folks have had a nice Corvair Holiday.

Rick and Janet