<VV> good news bad news

N. Joseph Potts pottsf at msn.com
Mon Jul 4 11:27:39 EDT 2005

Very likely you have a hairline crack in the fuel line very close to, or in,
the flare. You've got to get this end under a strong magnifying glass to
even find it. The crack CAN be longitudinal to the line and just as likely,
it's transverse where the flare starts out from the tubing. Test this by
replacing ONLY the tubing and re-using all your other existing components.
My bet is, your leak will go away. Hope the damage to that sheet metal
finish wasn't too bad.
     These cracks, being developed by vibration and sometimes residual
torque, can develop very suddenly. Our cars originally came with clamps
attaching fuel lines to each other to reduce overall flexibility, and this
is what that is to prevent. Busy "mechanics" neglected to replace these
clamps, particularly after they broke, but Clark's sells new ones.

Joe Potts
Miami, Florida USA
1966 Corsa coupe 140hp 4-speed with A/C