<VV> 65 Corsa

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Mon Jul 4 12:38:45 EDT 2005

In a message dated 7/4/05 6:12:02 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
fry_cook at excite.com writes:

> The story from the PO is that gas was getting into the oil, had to clean
> the plugsevery hundred miles, so parked it. I bought a spare fuel pump just in
> case, but the old one pumps from a gas can to start the car.PO thought it was
> the valve seals gone bad.

Don,
Bad valve seals would have nothing to do with getting gas in the oil.
Probably that is a bad fuel pump. Bad valve seals might increase the oil consumption
some but usually wouldn't be a problem unless the guides are way gone. In that
case a rebuild of the heads would be in order. But then it's likely the rest
of the engine would need work too.
Sorry!

Regards,
Bob Helt