<VV> GM "engineer" syn oil comments (A bit long)

Rt66Vairs at aol.com Rt66Vairs at aol.com
Mon Jul 4 13:31:13 EDT 2005

In a message dated 7/3/2005 6:43:14 PM Pacific Standard Time,
BobHelt at aol.com writes:

I have  been checking the shelves of my local FLAPS for years in several
major
cities, and I have NEVER seen Amsoil displayed. ASFAIK, Amsoil has always
been a specialty product available only via its  dealers.

Regards,
Bob Helt

I have been in darn near EVERY FLAPS in San Berdoo (there are a bunch) and
many all over
the Inbred Empire area.

I have never found Amsoil available in ANY of them.

This is the reason I'm reluctant to use it.

It's also the reason I prefer Craftsman to Snap On tools. Not that Snap On
aren't good tools.
It's just that it's hard to get the truck to stop by everytime I need
something.

For the same reason I use Mobil One because I can get it in  any little
Podunk A** town in America.

Another reason: My old Toyota Pickup went over 365,000 miles on the  original
motor on Mobil
One. It was put on Mobil One by the original owner.

I've used it in my wife's (now my son's) Toyota Camry and after 147,000
miles it still runs like
the day we bought it.

I bought a PT Cruiser with a Turbo engine in March and it was switched to
Mobil One after
about 800 miles. I have no idea what was in it from the factory. It was
still new looking when drained.

Last year I bought a new Toyota Pickup and It was put on Mobil One as soon
as it got home.

I also use it in my Corvairs and what ever leaks... and it does leak  some...
Leaks..

All I know is I'm very happy with the results and will continue to use it.
Ans can find it just
about anywhere.

Don't worry about frequent oil changes being a pollution factor. return  your
used oil to a
recycling facility and it will be, most likely, recycled into useful
lubricants used in commercial applications. I worked in a building in Chicago  that
used all recycled lubricants for everything.
Worked there 11 years and never saw a lubrication related failure. the
company making them
was Star Oil.

Some recycled oil is burned at power plants where they have the proper
equipment. This is usually contaminated oil that has anti-freeze or something  like
that in it. Once thus contaminated it can't be used as a lube oil again.
Think about that when recycling.