<VV> Cats in the Garage

Rick Loving ral1963 at comcast.net
Mon Jul 4 15:37:33 EDT 2005

As cats are very adept at jumping as well as mousing, I would put the
access door several feet off the ground against a very smooth flat wall
with a perch to jump onto and jump from. I once watched a Raccoon scale
the corner of my vinyl sided shed into the eves, just like a linesman
climbing a pole.

As long as there is nothing for the raccoons, possums, and skunks to
grip onto and climb up (smooth wall) they won't get at it as they don't
jump very well.

Also feed the cat somewhere else, Under normal conditions the scent of
the cat keeps intruders out but the smell of food overwhelms the basic
common sense of hungry animals...

Rick Loving

<SNIP>

Subject: <VV> Cats in the Garage

True enough, and my wife and I care cat lovers, having three inside the
house.  But for a "barn cat," I then need to provide some sort of
entrance/exit for the cat.  This, while serving the needs of the cat,
needs
to not become a portal for raccoons, possum, skunks, et al.  How do I
accomplish this?

--Bob