<VV> Re: MECHANICAL OIL PRESSURE GAUGE

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Mon Jul 4 19:58:42 EDT 2005

the only safe way is kinda complicated. you need a flex oil line to go from
engine to body and not get in the way of moving parts. i would use an
adaptabolt and run a flex line from that to a bracket on rear of body to adapt to the
line going forward,  holding the line securely. for my use i put a gauge right
on the bolt on any engine i have built or worked on for a few hundred miles
then remove it. if a belt breaks it will usually take out the gauge and fill the
engine compartment with an amazing amount of glass for such a small gauge.
even new vetts had failure if the oil pressure lint to the dash in the 1969 -
@74 (i think) cars, filling the radio with oil. poor design.(but it made me a
fortune repairing radios)
this is just my take on the situation ....  regards, tim colson