<VV> Mice in the Garage

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Tue Jul 5 16:16:46 EDT 2005

At 08:37 hours 07/04/2005, AeroNed at aol.com wrote:
>Cement and sugar. I think it's 2/3 cement, 1/3 sugar. The cement dries them
>out so they're not decomposing and stinking up the place. This is just
>hearsay,  haven't actually tried it myself.

Back in the dark ages, my grandpa used to rid the basement of mice and rats
with a mix of gunpowder and hamburger, half and half, doesn't take much,
churned it into a clay like mass and pinched off chunks, rolled it into
little pellets and just "seeded" the coal bin and basement with the
pellets.   Couple days later, there would be dead mice and rats all swelled
up like overweight hamsters.

Obviously this won't work with any pets around.

Not sure if it was cellulose gunpowder or black powder...  my grandmother
told me the story of how they used such to get rid of basement and barn
pests etc.

Me, I still have these cats.

tony..