<VV> mobil 1 user

Dan Roraff corvair at bevcomm.net
Tue Jul 5 14:31:42 EDT 2005

On more letter on synthetic oil.
My first new car was an 85 Ford Tempo, used Mobil One from first oil change.  Nine years latter was time to retire it.  Engine was still good but everything else was failing.
Changed oil twice a year, (10,000 miles).  Only needed to add oil once in between oil changes from when it was new to when it had 180,000 miles.  It had lots of one mile trips in Minnesota  winters.  My Neon was similar but over 215,000 miles and the car was in much better shape.  Now would cheap Wal Mart oil have given me the same results, no way to know with out a scientific double blind test.  So which oil to I use on my new car?  I just don't know. My conclusions are people change oil way to often and
there is now way to tell quality of motor oil until it's too late.

Dan
65 Monza Convertible