<VV> Re: "Horrible grinding sound"

Thesuperscribe at cs.com Thesuperscribe at cs.com
Tue Jul 5 23:02:16 EDT 2005

Norman Newguy,

Is that noise a "grinding" or shrieking? Either way, I'll bet it's a bad
clutch throwout bearing. I'll also bet that your professional engine rebuilder
mistakenly installed a steel bearing (it actually looks more like a sleeve)
rather than the correct bronze(?) item.

Trouble is, you've got to pull out the engine to check this out. But I'm so
sure I'm right that I'll pay you 25 cents if I'm wrong. Hey, you've gotta have
a sense of humor in this hobby.

--Tom Berg

***