<VV> Required oil practices

BBRT chsadek at adelphia.net
Tue Jul 5 23:20:45 EDT 2005

My son, Mike, recently changed all 8 injectors on a 550 Power stroke diesel
(at $600 each). They use a high pressure oil pump to assist fuel injector
control.  It is my understanding one must be faithful to oil and oil filter
changes as well as air filters, or they clog? up. The truck wouldn't start,
especially in cold weather.  Now truck runs as it should. Lesson is, change
whatever is required to keep oil clean.  Both filters-air and oil, even if
you use the "replace oil as leaked" method....;>)

Chuck S
BBRT