<VV> Spooky Story

jherken1 at netzero.com jherken1 at netzero.com
Wed Jul 6 07:21:05 EDT 2005

Bob,

I recently had a similar problem with my rampside.  It turned out the wires from the pertronix had started to abrade where they came out from under the distributor cap.  The symptoms became progressively worse until it wouldn't run at all.

I have had three coil failures in corvairs and they all failed in the same fashion.  All three failed completely while I was driving and never showed any problems until that moment.

Hope this helps,

John Herkenratt
Corvair Minnesota
'61 Rampy   (dino oil)
'65 Monza convert   (syn oil)

-- "Bob & Kathy Gilbert" <bgilbert at redshift.bc.ca> wrote:
Wow. All of the items you have mentioned(pump, coil, pertronix) were new on
my car so I had (so far) ruled them out.

Food for thought...

Thanks,
Bob