<VV> mobil 1 user

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Wed Jul 6 02:13:04 EDT 2005

In a message dated 7/5/05 5:10:54 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
pottsf at msn.com writes:

> The worst lubricant in the world can beat the best if the worst is changed
> frequently enough, and the best, left in and only topped off.

Well you rattled my cage enough so I HAVE to disagree with that statement.
The worst oil is likely to be missing the anti-wear protection of the best
oil. That means plenty of additional engine wear compared to the best oil.  That
additional wear starts with the first filling of the worst oil. Frequent
changes won't give you the anti-wear protection that the best oil has. And it also
won't have the detergent/dispersant which keeps the rings free. So no matter
how often you change it, the worst oil is going to fdeposit crud arond the
rings and stick them. Changing the worst oil daily won't flush the crud from the
stuck rings.

You are conparing additional wear and crudding the engine that starts with
the first fill of the worst oil to, maybe, some problems at the end of the oil
life of the best oil. these two events are probably separated by some 50,000 to
100,000 miles or more.

Regards,
Bob Helt