<VV> synthetic oil

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Wed Jul 6 09:36:51 EDT 2005

Personal experience IS "anecdotal" and not statistically valid.  It's just one data point.

Only amsoil is sold thru a "cult", not all synthetics.  (Not that there's anything wrong with that - some of my best friends are in cults)

I don't have an opinion on the "tainted" and "biased" bits.

The point I was trying to make (others may have had different agendas) is that although synthetics may be better (not arguing one way or the other), conventional oil use has never caused me or anyone I know a problem.  That's all.  Use what you like. Yes, my experience is anecdotal too, but there you go - it is what it is.

Now what I REALLY want to know is, which is better - silicon or conventional brake fluid?? ;)

mike

Let's see...
Manufacturers data is "tainted"
Third party reports are "biased"
Product is sold and promoted through "cults"
Personal experience is "anecdotal"

Why someone would want to deny this whole product category???  I  KNOW!!!
They are in love with dinosaurs!  THAT would explain the  attitude. <GGG>

<SNIP>
Craig Nicol