<VV> RE: synthetic oil

Jim Burkhard burkhard at rochester.rr.com
Wed Jul 6 10:57:52 EDT 2005

> From: virtualvairs-bounces at corvair.org
> [mailto:virtualvairs-bounces at corvair.org] On Behalf Of
> mhicks130 at cox.net

> Personal experience IS "anecdotal" and not statistically
> valid.  It's just one data point.

> Now what I REALLY want to know is, which is better - silicon
> or conventional brake fluid?? ;)

Anectodally, I recommend spelling it "silicone", because "silicon" is
entirely different.

You're going to get a million opinions here, too.  Here's mine:

1. If you have a tenderly driven parade queen on which you don't like doing
mechanical maintenance (brake flushes) every few years, go with silicone.
2. If any of these categories don't fit, use a high spec conventional brake
fluid.

Jim Burkhard