<VV> RE: synthetic oil

kaczmarek at charter.net kaczmarek at charter.net
Wed Jul 6 11:05:02 EDT 2005

Folks
As long as Jim chimed in, allow some wisdom from behind the parts counter.
And I would say "AS IT RELATES TO CORVAIRS"

In Addition to Jim's remarks---

SNIP
> 1. If you have a tenderly driven parade queen on which you don't like doing
> mechanical maintenance (brake flushes) every few years, go with silicone.
> 2. If any of these categories don't fit, use a high spec conventional brake
> fluid.
>
> Jim Burkhard

SNIP

Add the following advice:

For Autocrossing or track racing, Silicone is the way to go. It stands up to high temps much better than DOT 4

If you live in the Mountains, or drive in them frequently, I would recommend Silicone. Especially if you are still on a 4 drum system.

Hank