<VV> RE: WC: Fuel Pump Question

Bob & Kathy Gilbert bgilbert at redshift.bc.ca
Wed Jul 6 09:58:10 EDT 2005

Hi,

I can accept that pumps do a better job of pushing than pulling (but I'd
still like to know why) but what little I remember from my fluid dynamics
courses at university was that pressure drop for a given fluid is primarily
a function of pipe cross section and length, not whether you are pushing or
pulling the fluid. That was why I was at a loss to understand why pump
location mattered.

BTW, thanks to everybody who responded! Best guess now is that it is a fuel
problem and the most likely source is the location of the fuel pump since
everything else is new. Tonight I'll relocate the pump.

Many Thanks!
Bob

  _____