<VV> synthetic oil

Garth Stapon stapon1 at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 10 13:20:57 EDT 2005

Mike:

Although this topic has been beat to death, I will say this. Volkswagen
recently identified performance issues with conventional oil in their 1.8
L - 4 cyl turbo. Their offer to customers that switch from conventional to
synthetic oil exclusively is an extension of their engine warranty to
100,000 miles.

This is a pretty strong recommendation for synthetic oil in my view. (It is
also important to mention that they started off recommending conventional
oils for this motor) Your local Volkswagen dealer will give you technical
bulletin that has a list of their recommended oils on request. Mobil 1 -
0W40 is on the list.

Regards Garth Stapon