<VV> RE:Silicone Brake Fluid, was Re: synthetic oil

Ruth Dorogi dfamily at cecomet.net
Wed Jul 6 13:37:49 EDT 2005

I would like to second Dan's experience with silicone brake fluid.  I put it
in my 65 convertible in 1986 (all new brake lines, rebuilt wheel  and master
cylinder).  Brake pedal is high and solid and fluid looks like it was put in
yesterday.  The car is driven about 600 miles a year - very little.  Same
experience with my son's 65 monza.  Other cars that I have with DOT 3 have
developed leaky wheel and master cylinders just from sitting and little use
and developed considerable rust.