<VV> RE: RE:Silicone Brake Fluid

Jim Burkhard burkhard at rochester.rr.com
Fri Jul 8 17:53:29 EDT 2005

Ron -

You never even bleed the system? Where does all the water that makes its way
into the system (past the master cylinder and wheel cylinder piston seals)
go?  Water gets into ALL brake systems.  With silicone fluid, it all winds
up in one place too, probably in the wheel cylinders.  I hope you never need
to brake hard on a long mountain grade.  Well, at least I know if you are in
my mirror, I'll get out of the way!

As Bill Elliott has noticed, silicone fluid can be helpful at reducing
maintenance on seldom-driven light duty vehicles.  You can't *ignore* it
though...

Jim Burkhard