<VV> A/C care during extended storage

FrankCB at aol.com FrankCB at aol.com
Wed Jul 6 14:39:12 EDT 2005

Jim,
       I agree, what you say makes a lot of sense to me.  Of course if you
ARE running the engine, you can simply activate the A/C for a few minutes.  On
my regularly driven A/C equipped cars, I try to run the A/C for at least a few
minutes EVERY month of the year.  That means trying to find a mild day in
January and February here in northern NJ so the A/C clutch will activate.  My 10
year old Pontiac TransSport is still cooling fine on the ORIGINAL factory
charge of R-134a, while the 16 year old Chevy Beretta does require one can of R-12
about every 3 or 4 years to "maintain its cool".
       Frank "use it or lose it" Burkhard