<VV> Gernade engine autopsy

AKG hdflstf at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 8 11:33:26 EDT 2005

That leads to more questions.  What size bolts?  Were the rod magnafluxed?
Shotpeened?
I have a set that has had all that done and bushed in the small end for full
floating pins and 11/32 SBC SPS bolts.  Never a problem with the rods.
Sounds like a closer inspection of the pieces may reveal where the crack
started most likely in the area where the big end was lightened, perhaps at
an edge that didn't have a nice radius?