<VV> 80 hp '61 engine question

Donald Manen donmanen at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 8 13:17:25 EDT 2005

I am working on an engine from a '61 Lakewood- 80 hp--
 I find a "pipe-type" plug screwed into the block
below #1 cylinder-parallel to the lifter bore--- I
have never seen this before--(but, I never work on
80's).  it's the same size as the oil sender
threads-------1.  was this standard from GM?  2.  Is
that in a pressurized oil passage?

The goal is to turn this 80 hp with it's Lakewood oil
fill/check tube into a clone 110 hp by doing the
required machine work and installing '66 cylinders,
moving parts, and heads.

Don Manen
Under the Blistering "X" in TeXas