<VV> Busy upcoming week-not 'vair related

Scott Cable s2cable1 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 8 13:58:02 EDT 2005

Vairheads,
I'm going to be having a pretty busy week starting on saturday.  The last month or so I've been helping out on a modified dirt track car. We've been making steady progress on getting the car to perform correctly. Last Monday night, we had the car to beat:  Don (the owner /driver) started out in 12th (because he was too busy gabbing instead of drawing for starting position) but by lap 3 Don made his way all the way up to 5th.  On lap 5 Don was closing in on the leader, when a back-marker spun and caused a caution.  Don got a little anxious on the re-start and collected a black flag for "jumping the start".  It just so happens that Don is not only partial owner of the track, but he's also the race promoter, hense, the track officials cut him zero slack.
  Anyway, we're going to do the IMCA Modified North Dakota tour starting out here in Jamestown and racing the car at a different track every night next week.  We'll be hauling fuel (methanol) for ourselves and 2 other cars-10 55 gal drums!  Can anyone here say mobile alcohol bomb! yikes!! 2  spare (new) 362 in3  engines, 2 spare Bart Trannys and bellhousings, 24 tires /rims, tool boxes and on and on!
Wish us Luck!

Scott Cable
Jamestown, ND
s2cable1 at yahoo.com